WhatsApp Business launches – here’s everything you need to know
WhatsApp has launched a new app designed for use by companies to connect with their customers, and offer a convenient way for the network’s 1.3 billion users to chat with businesses that matter to them.
WhatsApp Business adds key features like dedicated business profiles for details like email address, business description, store addresses, and website; smart messaging tools like greetings, quick replies, and away messages; and metrics for how many messages were sent, delivered, and read.
Here’s what you get:
- Business Profiles: Help customers with useful information such as a business description, email or store addresses, and website.
- Messaging Tools: Save time with smart messaging tools — quick replies that provide fast answers to frequently asked questions, greeting messages that introduce customers to your business, and away messages that let them know you’re busy.
- Messaging Statistics: Review simple metrics like the number of messages read to see what’s working.
- WhatsApp Web: Send and receive messages with WhatsApp Business on your desktop.
- Account Type: People will know that they’re talking to a business because you will be listed as a Business Account. Over time, some businesses will have Confirmed Accounts once it’s been confirmed that the account phone number matches the business phone number.
- People will continue to have full control over the messages they receive, with the ability to block any number, including businesses, as well as report spam.
- WhatsApp Business is compatible with WhatsApp Web, the app’s desktop web browser client.
- For those who use a business number and a personal one, both the WhatsApp Business and WhatsApp Messenger apps can be used on the same device and registered with your different numbers.
WhatsApp Business is available today and is free to download on Google Play, there’s no mention of an iOS release yet, in Indonesia, Italy, Mexico, the U.K. and the U.S. The app is rolling out around the world in the coming weeks. Get more info here www.whatsapp.com/business.