12 top Google search stats from 2019
- 5 billion Google searches are made every day.
- 90% of searches made on desktops are done via Google.
- The volume of Google searches grows by roughly 10% every year.
- Every year, somewhere between 16% and 20% of Google searches are new—they’ve never been searched before.
- 35% of product searches start on Google.
- 34% of “near me” searches done via desktop and tablets result in store visits.
- The average Google search session lasts just under a minute.
- Google has indexed hundreds of billions of web pages. All told, the index is about 100,000,000 GB large.
- 60% of Google searches are done via mobile devices. Only 5 years ago, the figure was nearly half that—34%.
- Roughly a third of all mobile Google searches are related to location.
- 65% of clicks on paid Google search results come from mobile devices.
- Roughly 8% of Google search queries are questions
Find more stats and link references at https://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2019/02/07/google-search-statistics